Furniture removal services
Cape Express Removals offers first class furniture removal services both nationally and internationally.
STORAGE AND WAREHOUSE FACILITIES
If you require storage, your household effects will be packed into dust-proof containers (Pallets). Highly competent managers are in charge of all our storage and warehouse facilities. Regular pest inspections are carried out, and our warehouses are treated against pests every three months. Long term storage includes periodic inspections and oiling of solid wood furniture. For your complete peace of mind, our facilities are monitored 24 hours a day by a reputable security service.
MOVING AND PACKING
Our custom-built removal vehicles are equipped with satellite tracking and cell phones. We pride ourselves in taking exceptional care of your valued possessions, and regard the correct packing and wrapping of your goods as essential for a successful move. Our packing teams receive regular training in the latest packing techniques, while inspections ensure that packing standards are met and that our clients receive outstanding service. We will unpack all items we have packed, placing them in the designated areas, and will remove all used packing materials. If you select owner-packing as an option, you may hire or buy packing materials from us.
- All vehicles are equipped with clean blankets and all the necessary packing materials.
- Specially designed cartons in different sizes will suit every packing requirement.
- Clean white paper, bubble wrap, corrugated cardboard and other high quality materials are used in the packing and special wrapping process.
- Durable plastic covers are used for upholstered furniture and mattresses.
- Custom-built wooden crates could be prepared for special items such as antiques and original artwork, if so required.
- High value items such as wine collections are stored in security trunks.
FULL LIABILITY COVER
Transporting household effects has inherent risks. We therefore recommend that you arrange adequate insurance cover while your consignment is in transit. We can arrange liability cover according to your individual needs through our brokers. Our liability cover is amongst the most affordable and comprehensive in the industry. If you wish to arrange your own cover, please compare your rates to ours before making your decision.
Insurance is, to many, a difficult process surrounded by a lot of red tape and complicated systems. Familiarise yourself with the following procedures:
- Assess the replacement value of the items being removed.
- Complete a liability cover application form (which can be obtained from us).
- Look out for specified exclusions in the document and make sure that you fully understand the liability cover.
- Ensure that your cover is validated by paying the premium promptly on the day of accepting our quotation.
- Request an insurance certificate when you pay the premiums.
MOVING VEHICLES AND PETS
Cape Express Removals can arrange transportation of your vehicles, boats and pets on a door-to-door basis. We use reliable sub-contractors who specialise in these fields. It is recommended that vehicles are in running order, as non-runners are more costly to transport. Remember to remove all valuables from your vehicles before being collected. We recommend that pets are collected one day prior to moving and delivered one day after off-loading.
With more than 30 years experience in the furniture removal industry, we understand the enormous amount of stress the moving process puts on our customers. We provide you with a personalised service through our partner network to make your relocation as streamlined as possible. Our success as a moving company is built on the principle that “an informed client is a happy client”. Cape Express Removals offers you clear communication and transparency throughout each step of the international relocation experience.